The LGBTQ Faculty and Staff Association’s members must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time UMBC staff or faculty AND
- Self-identification as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and other identity terms that reflect non cis-gender or heterosexual identity
Allies (that is, people who want to support the members of the LGBTQ FSA but who do not identify as LGBTQ+) are invited to join/follow our public LGBTQ FSA site on MyUMBC to learn about our activities and to get announcements about how to support our efforts and events.
LGBTQ+ UMBC Staff and Faculty can join us in a variety of ways. You may choose any one or all of these options, as you wish.
- Join the FSA as a voting member (the membership list is not visible to non-members); email lgbtfsa @ umbc.edu and indicate that you would like an “invitation” to join the voting membership of the LGBTQ FSA.
- Join the LGBTQ FSA listserv to get information about our events and to discuss relevant topics to our community (you need to be a voting member of the FSA to join this listserv; the subscription list is not visible to non-members); email lgbtqfsa @ umbc.edu and indicate you would like to subscribe to the listserv.
- Join UMBC’s OutList to be in partnership with other UMBC faculty and staff members who self-identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Queer and have chosen to be included on this virtual space. The OutList promotes greater visibility of the LGBTQ community and reflects the commitment to diversity and inclusivity at UMBC. If you would like add your name to this list, please send an email to outlist @ umbc.edu.