The LGBTQ Faculty and Staff Association (LGBTQ FSA) is a group of full-time UMBC staff and faculty who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and other non-cis-gender and non-heterosexual identity (abbreviated as LGBTQ+).
Our overall mission is to advocate for LGBTQ+ faculty, staff, and students at UMBC. More specifically, we have the following objectives:
- Represent and advocate for LGBTQ+ faculty and staff visibility and concerns at the departmental, college, administrative, shared governance, and policy levels at UMBC.
- Represent LGBTQ+ visibility and UMBC diversity to the larger community.
- Promote reflection of LGBTQ+ experiences university-wide through the curriculum.
- Advance recruitment, retention and promotion of LGBTQ+ faculty and staff.
- Aid in recruitment, retention and graduation rates of LGBTQ+ students.
- Provide advocacy and support for LGBTQ+ student experiences at UMBC.